Saturday, April 10, 2010

Editing Contest!

I just subscribed to my first website/blogsite! It's a site for writers (published or not) about writing and publishing. It's written by Deborah Halverson, who's been an editor at Harcourt Children's Books. She is having a contest for middle grade (MG) and young adult (YA), a random drawing. If you win, you get a FREE general manuscript critique from her. Way cool. You can find it at: http://dear-editor.com/
I already found some good advice about using slang (am I overdoing it in EMRT? I'm making up my own slang), as well as writing natural dialogue--using full versus sentence fragments, and how much to insert narrative description. I may overuse the description sometimes, and not let a good back-and-forth happen, sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, bloggy buddies! I respond to all comments via email if you have an address linked to your profile. Sorry, I have had to turn OFF comments from Anonymous users due to Spam.