Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Book Review: The Hunger Games

So I read Suzanne Collins' The Hunger Games and enjoyed it! Kind of a cross between Survivor and Gladiator. Ha. I was annoyed to discover she didn't tie everything up at the end--and no wonder...there's a sequel. I have that in at the library and I'll read that in the next few days. Called Catching Fire. Plenty of action, and you just have to keep reading to find out what happened. Some kinda gross stuff there of course, involving killing people and so on. A few unrealistic things as far as being injured and the things they can do when injured, or how long it takes them to heal. Altho she does explain a little of the latter by the fact that it's in the future, and they have almost magical ointments it seems, developed by technology, that heals fast. Well...okay. Anyway, well-written and it definitely holds a reader's attention. An engaging main character.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, bloggy buddies! I respond to all comments via email if you have an address linked to your profile. Sorry, I have had to turn OFF comments from Anonymous users due to Spam.