Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Browsing Around Other Writer Sites

Lately I've been browsing around other writer blogsites and regular sites. Adventures in Children's Publishing has a cool first-line contest going on, that I joined. The top 25 out of 100 get prizes, critiques and books. Rah! That means my first five lines have to be better than 75 others though. We'll see. I've narrowed it down to my 8 favorites (mine not included; I'm too biased to know, altho I think they're pretty good!), the most original and compelling. The winner gets a critique by an agent. Cool. It's kind of a long drawn-out contest though, and won't end until mid-July. They get narrowed down to 75 on the 24th of June, 2010.
I followed a link from agent Nathan Bransford's site to find that contest. Been following Nathan's site lately, seeing how he critiques first pages and query letters, etc. Each week he chooses one (mine's in the lottery pile) and critiques it online for his blog entry. Other writers give feedback, too. Nathan also has a Forum where I discovered another writer to swap YA novels with, just started. More of a beginning writer, but another set of eyeballs is good no matter at what stage of the game they're in.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by and entering the contest! Good luck!

    Marissa & Martina

    ReplyDelete

Hi, bloggy buddies! I respond to all comments via email if you have an address linked to your profile. Sorry, I have had to turn OFF comments from Anonymous users due to Spam.