Here I am, digressing from my regularly scheduled Wednesday critique, because I'll be gone later in the week and unable to do this special post.
I've been tagged by the blog fairy (thanks, Shellie!), and awarded me a lovely blog award, entitled, "One Lovely Blog Award."
My task now is to list 7 things about myself before passing on the award to 5 other deserving bloggers.
INFO ABOUT ME, which oddly enough, all contain numbers in them:
1. I lived on the island of Sitka, Alaska, for a little over a year when I was TWELVE.
2. My junior year, I won FOURTH place in a shorthand contest held on the Oregon coast.
3. I went to THREE different high schools (yes, my family moved a lot--which I wasn't happy about as a teen).
4. I'm currently writing my SIXTEENTH young adult novel. Practice makes perfect…?
5. Alas, I've been married THREE times (which is the charm; I'm keeping the hubby I now have, thank you very much).
6. I had thyroid cancer when I was EIGHTEEN. Yes, surgery got it all, no chemo or radiation. I have a lovely Frankenstein scar on my neck for a souvenir.
7. I turned FIFTY (gawk!) this year, in 2010.
FIVE DESERVING BLOGS--Go check these out!
(formerly Stepping Into Fantasy--follow her to her new home!)
As a note, tomorrow I am abandoning my hubby for the Oregon SCBWI retreat, woohoo! Looking forward to rustic cabins up in the mountain of Silver Falls, not having to cook for a total of three days, and talking about WRITING with people who likewise never get tired of talking about the subject.
Now how can you beat that? I hope to bring home lots of writing ideas and put them to use.