Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Tag, You're It!

Here I am, digressing from my regularly scheduled Wednesday critique, because I'll be gone later in the week and unable to do this special post.

I've been tagged by the blog fairy (thanks, Shellie!), and awarded me a lovely blog award, entitled, "One Lovely Blog Award."

My task now is to list 7 things about myself before passing on the award to 5 other deserving bloggers.

INFO ABOUT ME, which oddly enough, all contain numbers in them:

1. I lived on the island of Sitka, Alaska, for a little over a year when I was TWELVE.

2. My junior year, I won FOURTH place in a shorthand contest held on the Oregon coast.

3. I went to THREE different high schools (yes, my family moved a lot--which I wasn't happy about as a teen).

4. I'm currently writing my SIXTEENTH young adult novel. Practice makes perfect…?

5. Alas, I've been married THREE times (which is the charm; I'm keeping the hubby I now have, thank you very much).

6. I had thyroid cancer when I was EIGHTEEN. Yes, surgery got it all, no chemo or radiation. I have a lovely Frankenstein scar on my neck for a souvenir.

7. I turned FIFTY (gawk!) this year, in 2010.


FIVE DESERVING BLOGS--Go check these out!

http://emilytwhite.blogspot.com/
(formerly Stepping Into Fantasy--follow her to her new home!)
http://motherwrite.blogspot.com/
http://betweenfactandfiction.blogspot.com/
http://migwriters.blogspot.com/
http://maybegenius.blogspot.com/

As a note, tomorrow I am abandoning my hubby for the Oregon SCBWI retreat, woohoo! Looking forward to rustic cabins up in the mountain of Silver Falls, not having to cook for a total of three days, and talking about WRITING with people who likewise never get tired of talking about the subject.

Now how can you beat that? I hope to bring home lots of writing ideas and put them to use.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks so much, Carol! Number two on your list made me laugh. It reminded me of my mom, who took shorthand in college, and set up this system with her roommate where they alternated going to class and taking notes for each other because they both preferred to ditch:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats for your award! :)
    It's nice to know a little bit more about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Carol, that retreat sounds wonderful! All our SCBWI conferences are held on the stupid beach.

    Sounds like you've had an interesting life so far, and what a great year to turn fifty! Woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thyroid cancer at eighteen! That's awful :( I'm glad they were able to get it all!

    Thanks for the award, Carol :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun at the retreat! And thanks for the award!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday! I like the round numbers, though I'm happy not to be one anymore :)

    Really interesting things about you. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad you didn't have to go through chemo, etc., when you were so young, though, scar or no scar...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by, everyone, and your concern about my past cancer! It's so long ago, I hardly think about it anymore. ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, bloggy buddies! I respond to all comments via email if you have an address linked to your profile. Sorry, I have had to turn OFF comments from Anonymous users due to Spam.