Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Blog Award Catch-Up

Bad me! I've been accumulating blog awards while my nose has been to the proverbial grindstone, finishing my WIP. I no longer have that excuse because my rough draft is done. Hence I will play catch up, thank the people who've bestowed awards upon me in the past couple of months, and pass them on to deserving bloggers.

I've received the following awards. Click to visit:
1. & 2. Making Smiles on Faces Award (2 of 'em)
Alexia Chamberlynn @ The Life and Literary Pursuits of Alexia Chamberlynn
Maria McKenzie @ Reading, Writing, Romance
3. & 4. Stylish Blogger Award (2 of 'em)
Rosie Connolly @ East for Green Eyes
Dawn Allen @ Write On
5. Friends for the Journey Award [originated at Beautiful Chaos; click to visit]
Lynda Young @ W.I.P. It: A Writer's Journey
[500-follower giveaway going on now!]
6. Write Hard Inspirational Award [with Pass the Love Badge; see sidebar]
Becky Miller @ The Rainy Day Wanderer
7. Best Blog Award
Nicole Zoltack @ Where Fantasy and Love Take Flight

RULES:
Post the award(s), pass 'em on to 7 lucky buddy bloggers, visit/inform those lucky buddy bloggers, and list 7 things about myself.

I'm passing awards on to:
1. Christine Tyler @ The Writer Coaster
[Be sure to read her March 9th post about blogs!]
2. Sarah Ketley @ The Precocious Scribe
3. Talei Loto @ Musings of An Aspiring Scribe
4. Susan Mills @ A Walk in My Shoes
5. Patti Nielson @ Patti Nielson
6. Abby Minard @ Above Water
7. Jennie Bailey @ Garden Full of Lily

Awardees' choice--pick one you adore & don't have yet (I'm easy/lazy).

Seven Brief Things About Me
I've written in five genres of YA: light fantasy, contemporary, light science fiction, post-apocalyptic/dystopian, and magical realism. Two other areas I've written: picture books and magazine-length children's stories. Toss in a few Highlights rebuses for extra flavor.

YOUR TURN: blog awards
Do you enjoy giving/receiving blog awards, or do you find they are too much work?
Are you a person who designs new awards to spread even more joy and appreciation?
Do you have a separate tab or page to post your awards? (pretty soon I may have to!)
Do you ever alter the blog award "rules" to suit your preference or schedule?

28 comments:

  1. Whoo! Wow! You are rocking the awards! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the awards! Congrats also to the new winners! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on all the awards Carol! And thank you for giving one to me! You're so sweet!

    I have a separate page for my awards, and sometimes I do alter the rules if I've received the award before or if it asks to give it to like, 15 people. I usually reduce the number. I don't get very much time to do awards, so I don't make them or anything. I'm usually like you, take a note of them and then do a blog with several.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on all the awards. And also thank you for listing more good sites to visit. (I came to your site via KImberly's Meetings with my Muse.) I did create a new award for two bloggers who have helped me immensely. (The Helping Hands Award.) But usually I stick with the award rules.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the award! I picked "Write Hard," because it's so beefy-looking. Now I also have something to post about tomorrow! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the awards. The awards do take a lot of time to respond to and I actually received one a while back I haven't posted about yet. I'll have to get on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on all your great awards! You are truly loved ~ :) I love to receive them and pass them on, although I'll admit I can get a little lazy with the latter. Which reminds me... may have to correct that on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be moving my awards to a separate tab as soon as I have the time. I prefer the personal awards--the ones that the giver thought carefully about.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh and massive congrats to you for all those wonderful awards :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok-- I like reading about other people getting blogs and I like getting them but I never do them. Guilty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! You rock Carol, congrats on all your lovely awards!!! ;-) And, thank you so much for passing one onto me... hmm, which one shall I pick?

    For me, I do alter slightly but only if there's a time constraint from RL. e.g. I've used my 7 answers a couple of times for diff awards. ;-)

    Hope you're having a fab week! And great to see you on twitter recently!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your awards!
    I used to spend a lot of time carefully giving out my awards after I received them. After a while, it became overwhelming to keep straight what I gave to whom and not doing repeats, etc.
    But-- I am still humbled and very appreciative when I get one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to you and all the recipients for the awards. And congratulation Carol on finishing that WIP :) Wonderful to hear.

    I don't create blog awards, I'm too busy and also not that creative; I do pass them along to specific recipients though. I don't have a separate page for my awards for two reasons: 1) I'd have to learn something new, and 2) the layout of my blog (three column) allows me to have the space to post long list-type things in the sidebar. Who knows what things a reader browsing my blog might find because they scrolled down far enough and didn't see a bunch of white space. For me, I doubt it makes a difference if the visitor scrolls through a blog page or takes the time to click on any of the special tabs at the top. Either way, you gotta want to see whats there, and most bloggers are in too big a hurry to do more than read a quick text box and move on.

    ........dhole

    ReplyDelete
  14. Blog awards are fun and Congrats! on yours. I have the Write On Award. I've created two: The Awesomous Maximous Award anf the Meat and Potatoes Award. Corny, I know. But fun to give out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sheesh! Wow, that's quite a number of awards! Congrats :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on all the awards! You're like the Writer Valedictorian today! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on the awards! And on finishing the rough draft. :-)

    I tend to give out the awards I'm given, but I postpone until I have time to work according the rules given.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, congrats on the beautiful awards:) Have a great week Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Geez, that's a lot rewards! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Look at you and all these awards! Congrats to you and to those you've passed them onto.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on the awards. Aren't they fabulous to get? I like the list of genres you've written in. I have been dabbling in different genres too. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on the awards. I know some people have 'award free' blogs but they're nice to get. I don't always abide by the rules. Congrats to those you've passed them onto. I have an awards slideshow and some posted down the sidebar. They probably take a lot of bandwidth making your page slower to load.

    Denise<3

    ReplyDelete
  23. congrats!!
    some new awards I haven't seen before - very cool

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats, Carol! You have a couple I haven't seen.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ooh, congrats on all your awards!!! I have an awards page for mine, and I love receiving them, though I despair of ever having the time to pass them on :(

    Hugs,

    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats on all your awards. You deserve every one of them. And dude, I NEVER follow rules. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats on all the awards! I totally bend the rules for my convenience. Selfish? Maybe a little, but if I weren't a little selfish, I'd never get any writing done :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations on all the awards! Yes, I've modified rules if they seem too time-consuming. Also, I don't repost if I receive an award that I've already acknowledged. But they're great, and I would never look down on the recognition!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, bloggy buddies! I respond to all comments via email if you have an address linked to your profile. Sorry, I have had to turn OFF comments from Anonymous users due to Spam.