Bad me! I've been accumulating blog awards while my nose has been to the proverbial grindstone, finishing my WIP. I no longer have that excuse because my rough draft is done. Hence I will play catch up, thank the people who've bestowed awards upon me in the past couple of months, and pass them on to deserving bloggers.
I've received the following awards. Click to visit:
1. & 2. Making Smiles on Faces Award (2 of 'em)
Alexia Chamberlynn @ The Life and Literary Pursuits of Alexia Chamberlynn
Maria McKenzie @ Reading, Writing, Romance
3. & 4. Stylish Blogger Award (2 of 'em)
Rosie Connolly @ East for Green Eyes
Dawn Allen @ Write On
5. Friends for the Journey Award [originated at Beautiful Chaos; click to visit]
Lynda Young @ W.I.P. It: A Writer's Journey
[500-follower giveaway going on now!]
6. Write Hard Inspirational Award [with Pass the Love Badge; see sidebar]
Becky Miller @ The Rainy Day Wanderer
7. Best Blog Award
Nicole Zoltack @ Where Fantasy and Love Take Flight
RULES: Post the award(s), pass 'em on to 7 lucky buddy bloggers, visit/inform those lucky buddy bloggers, and list 7 things about myself.
I'm passing awards on to:
1. Christine Tyler @ The Writer Coaster
[Be sure to read her March 9th post about blogs!]
2. Sarah Ketley @ The Precocious Scribe
3. Talei Loto @ Musings of An Aspiring Scribe
4. Susan Mills @ A Walk in My Shoes
5. Patti Nielson @ Patti Nielson
6. Abby Minard @ Above Water
7. Jennie Bailey @ Garden Full of Lily
Awardees' choice--pick one you adore & don't have yet (I'm easy/lazy).
Seven Brief Things About Me
I've written in five genres of YA: light fantasy, contemporary, light science fiction, post-apocalyptic/dystopian, and magical realism. Two other areas I've written: picture books and magazine-length children's stories. Toss in a few Highlights rebuses for extra flavor.
YOUR TURN: blog awards
Do you enjoy giving/receiving blog awards, or do you find they are too much work?
Are you a person who designs new awards to spread even more joy and appreciation?
Do you have a separate tab or page to post your awards? (pretty soon I may have to!)
Do you ever alter the blog award "rules" to suit your preference or schedule?