Hi everyone, I hope you're trucking right along with your summer--now that it's already 2/3 over. It's going fast!
What I've done so far this summer:
1. The end of June I finished the first round of revisions for my agent.
2. I joined Facebook and Goodreads.
3. I redesigned my author website, HERE. New stuff on the last 2 tabs and will add more later once I get a publisher and a book cover. I used Blogger as an easy and free template; my techie hubby removed the blogging elements--the ones I couldn't delete myself, like that dumb Post Atom thingy and the nav bar. It only cost the $12 annual domain-name-fee from GoDaddy. Can't beat that!
4. Today I'm featured as a WOW guest writer on Adventures to Children's Publishing! Click for more on my journey of writing and obtaining an agent.
5. I wrote 3 pages of a new WIP plus some plot notes. Um…better than nothing.
6. I've critiqued some stuff for my critter buddies.
1. I saw Harry Potter 7 pt 2 with my daughter, her boyfriend, my hubby, and some Kleenex. Love that Gringots' dragon!! Great special effects throughout.
2. Had a BBQ with the neighbors with mozzarella sausages, grapes, garlic salsa and chips, and chocolate chunk cookies. Yummers!
3. I read DIVERGENT by Veronica Roth. Quite a fast-paced read. Reminded me of HUNGER GAMES, with its elimination theme and the violent/bloody parts. If you haven't read it, hang tight. I plan to use it as a blog giveaway prize in the future!!
4. The hubbs and I vacationed on the Oregon coast, tent camping. Here's a lovely deserted beach we found north of Florence:
How are your writing goals and projects going this summer?
Are you enjoying family, friends, and sun--or doing any traveling?
Have you seen the final Harry Potter movie yet? Didja need Kleenex?