Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Liebster & Lucky 7 Meme Awards

I've received some awards recently--thanks, ladies! The first is the Liebster Award from Mary Weibel. The second is is the Lucky 7 Meme Award from Tyrean Martinson.

The Liebster Rules:

1. Give to a blogger with less than 200 followers.
2. That blogger will pass it on to 5 followers with less than 200 followers.
3. According to Babelfish, Liebster means Dearest.

I'm pushing 400 followers (yay! nice to meet you, new followers) but Mary did say she was stretching the rules in her awarding. So I will stretch the rules in a different way. Anyone who wishes this Liebster Award, please feel free to take it and pass it on to 7 people via your own blog! I appreciate you ALL. You can follow the real rules or be renegade.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucky 7 Meme Award Rules:
1. Go to page 77 of your current manuscript.
2. Go to line 7.
3. Copy the next 7 lines (sentences or paragraphs) and post them as they're written. No cheating!
4. Tag 7 other writers to pass this meme on to.

MY EXCERPT
From page 77 of my post-apocalyptic/dystopian YA novel, SAFE ZONE:

I bound down the steps and jog to catch up.

"Peyton, Leonard," I gasp, more from a sense of urgency than being winded.

Leonard spins toward me. "Dude, what's up? You look all gray and pukey."

"I can't go to classes today. Let's go somewhere else. Please."

Peyton's eyebrows lift, but she says nothing. She jerks her head toward the front doors, away from the teacher who supervises the bus area.

Congrats to these lucky 7 authors who get to do the same:
1. Michelle Dennis Evans at Michelle Dennis Evans
2. Laura Diamond at Diamond--Lucid Dreamer
3. Keisha Martin at Keisha Martin
4. Victoria Lindstrom at Writ of Whimsy
5. Medeia Sharif at Medeia Sharif: YA Author
6. Cynthia Chapman Willis at Laptops and Lattes
7. Peaches Ledwidge at Conceive Writing

Tag, you're it!

YOUR TURN
If I didn't just pass this meme to you--what is ONE line from page 77 of your current manuscript? (If you write shorter works, then take it from page 7...or paragraph 7 if way short.)

Do you tweak the rules when you pass on blog awards, do you follow them closely, or do you just acknowledge/thank and NOT pass them on? I confess I do the latter sometimes when I'm crazy busy.

20 comments:

  1. Fun! Thanks for nominating me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on pushing the big 400. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nomination, Carol! I needed a pick me up with this gloomy Pacifc Northwest weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Carol. Those 7 lines really pack a punch. I love doing these kind of things, so here is a line from page 77 of my current wip:

    “Let me guess,” I say, glaring at them both. “Hamlet.”

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your lines!Very good:)
    I tend to not do awards as they got to be too many years ago. Sorry:((

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carol, thank you so much. I'll have to check my manuscript -- no cheating.

    I like this line: "I can't go to classes today. Let's go somewhere else. Please."

    I want to know more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the awards.

    I do tweak the award rules most of the time.

    Fun getting a peek at your work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know me, I'm always breaking the rules ;)
    Congrats on your award.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your awards. Liked seeing your excerpt here. I've decided not to share anything from my new WIP, which is in rough draft form. I think I have about 10k to go.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice! Here's a line from my 77th page. :)

    "I cross the stage, trying to ignore the dead men in my head."

    ReplyDelete
  11. TYSM for the award, I appreciate it =o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been hoarding awards and forgetting to pass them along.

    Thank you for tagging me. I did the meme awhile back. :)

    I wonder why your character is ill.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Carol!
    I'm intrigued by your seven lines.

    I do tweak the rules sometimes, and I do acknowledge without playing along at times (she admits sheepishly). But this meme is fun and intriguing. I have good intentions. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think they are going to cut class...Hopefully you'll call on me to critique this one...

    I'm pretty much a rule follower, except for driving to make wavy lines in the snow or taking photographs in places you aren't supposed. Hmmmm, maybe I'm not a rule follower?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay congrats on the awards.
    Haha thank you for the meme pass on, I read blogs in bed... So if I remember later... I'll look up page 77

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've stretched the rules before. Gotta keep life interesting, ya know?

    Haha, "pukey" what a great word. Love your excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I did this meme on my blog today, too. I love your excerpt - "gray and pukey" gives me a great visual!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh, now I want to know what's next! I tweak the rules all the time, especially when it comes to tagging [g]

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha! You look all gray and pukey. How nice!
    I'm intrigued though. Want to know what's got this character upset...
    And congrats on the awards :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love getting a glimpse into everyone's WIPs!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, bloggy buddies! I respond to all comments via email if you have an address linked to your profile. Sorry, I have had to turn OFF comments from Anonymous users due to Spam.