Wednesday, August 1, 2012

R. Mac Wheeler + Kreativ Blogger award


My blog guest today is R. Mac Wheeler!    
Here is Mac's greeting:

If you're an avid reader, you may care that I’m an author of character-driven SF/F/paranormals and suspense, filled with quirky sorts who lug a lot of baggage, in worlds that aren’t that far out.

If you love nature, or photography in general, you may care that I have the photo addiction, and weekly post pictures I take during my Sunday Safaris around Tampa. Stop by my blogs on Sunday evenings…I almost always have a new set. Please visit, leave a note. I love the company…I don't get out much. (I only get away from my computer on Sundays)

Thanks for letting me say hi. I really hope you'll check out my pix.

-R. Mac Wheeler

Click HERE to check out Living In Shadow, his new book out just last month. He said not to worry about mentioning it, but I am anyway. I haven't personally read any of his books yet, but he certainly has published a lot of them! And the covers look colorful, intriguing, and well done, too. Check out his photo compilation below.

Go enjoy his blog, his sense of humor, and his SUNDAY SAFARI photos HERE.


MY AWARD
Also, I've received the Kreativ Blogger Award from Dawn Allen, thank you, Dawn! Visit her informative blogsite HERE.

A Few of the Questions
1. What’s your favorite song?
It really depends on my mood. As a teen I adored Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody." I listen to anything from rock, opera, bluegrass, Celtic, classical, folk, and ethnic. I have a really fun Turkish techno CD, and I love bagpipes.
2. What’s your favorite dessert?
Banana bars with cream cheese frosting. (Expected me to say something chocolaty, didn't you?)
3. What is your favorite pet?
A cat, which I can't have because my husband is allergic. So we have no pets at all. But I'm tired of cleaning litter boxes and hairballs anyway.
4. What is your attitude mostly? Optimistic and good-natured/happy.

Random Facts About Me: My favorite movie as a child was The Wizard of Oz. It came on TV every year, and my dad grumbled about how we kids had to watch it AGAIN. He didn't know how lucky he had it, raising kids in the pre-DVD era. My mother also read L. Frank Baum's Wonderful Wizard of Oz series to us, which we loved!

YOUR TURN
Have you visited R. Mac Wheeler's blogsite before? (If not, what are you waiting for?!)
What is YOUR favorite dessert?
What is YOUR favorite pet?
Do you have a favorite childhood movie?


12 comments:

  1. Haven't visited R. Mac's blog but I will be sure to do so! My favorite dessert is a toss up between Baily's Irish Cream Cheesecake and Chocolate Mousse. Favorite pet is dog/cat. Honestly, I must have both - and I do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll visit him today! My favorite dessert . . . hmm. Chocolate Coconut Ice Cream (non-dairy awesomeness) in the summer, and chocolate and coconut covered bananas in the winter. Ginger Snap cookies are good too. Favorite pet: both cats and dogs. Favorite childhood movie: too many, Peter Pan, Pete's Dragon, Star Wars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the Wizard of Oz movie, the twister and the witch really scared me when I was small. I did love the movie and the books, but couldn't watch the tornado scene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun!

    My favorite movie was always the Wizard of Oz, too! I remember it coming on every July 4th. My favorite dessert? Coconut cake. Mmmm! My favorite pet? Cat. :D

    Haven't been to Mac's site, but I'll check it out! Thanks, Carol! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will hop over now to R. Mac Wheeler... Returned. Wow! Quite an collection of books.

    Congrats on receiving the award.

    Over to Dawn's blog, now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carol!! Thanks for the shout out. Yer gr8.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the award!

    Favorite dessert: gelato. Hands down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love photography so I'll definitely check out the Sunday Safaris.

    Congrats, Carol, on your award. And yes, I did think you might've picked something chocolatey ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just took a peek and his photos are lovely.

    Anything with chocolate and nuts.

    Cats.

    The Wizard of Oz. I believe it came on every spring of my childhood, and I watched it every single time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so hard to have favorites, but I'd have to say Boston Cream Pie (which is really cake), cats, and Brian Song--a really sad movie that I loved as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do believe I have been to R. Mac Wheeler's blog.

    Favorite dessert: Chocolate Fondant
    Favorite pet: cats and dogs.
    Childhood movie: Probably the Lion King.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm on my way to check out his site.

    Carrot cake.

    Cats.

    Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

    Wow, they all start with c.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, bloggy buddies! I respond to all comments via email if you have an address linked to your profile. Sorry, I have had to turn OFF comments from Anonymous users due to Spam.