Tuesday, December 2, 2014

New Release: THE ATTIC OF SAND AND SECRETS

 Today I'm announcing a new book release by my blogger friend, Medeia Sharif! This novel is a Middle Grade historical and fantasy, and sounds very intriguing. It's about Lily, a learning disabled girl, who attempts to unravel the mystery of her abducted mother using supernatural clues from an ancient stranger—even when it means posing a danger to herself.

THE ATTIC OF SAND AND SECRETS
Learning-disabled Lily desires to prove herself, although her mind freezes when presented with big problems - such as her mother's abduction. With a French father and Egyptian mother, Lily worries that her mother hid her ethnicity from her French in-laws. However, there's something deeper going on. Lily finds a way into an attic that's normally locked and encounters a mysterious, moonlit Egyptian night world. There she finds Khadijah, an ancient stranger who guides her to finding clues about her mother's whereabouts. Lily becomes a sleuth in both the real world and a magical desert, endangering herself as she gets closer to the kidnapper.

The book takes place in 1976. Every host for this book blast is going to post one fun fact for that year. For some of you, this will bring back memories. For younger blog readers, you’ll learn something new.

This blog's FUN FACT: The main character, Lily, loves detective and crime shows like Baretta, Charlie’s Angels, and Kojak.

Find Medeia online– Multi-published YA and MG Author:
Blog   |   Twitter   |   Goodreads   |   Instagram   |   Amazon Author Page


The lovely Medeia herself
Purchase THE ATTIC OF SAND AND SECRETS:
Amazon  OmniLit  Barnes & Noble  |  Kobo  Featherweight Press   


I really HAVE to read this, especially since my latest WIP is Middle Grade. Combining research and enjoyable reading at the same time, oh boy!

YOUR TURN
Do you read much Middle Grade, or have kids who read it? (ages 8-12)
Do you have a difficult time writing around the holidays?! Any words of advice?







10 comments:

  1. I've seen Medeia's book around - it sounds really great!

    I'm hoping to be able to start writing a lot during the holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Media! No I don't read mid-grade, but my grandkids do, and perhaps I will gift this to my reading-lover. And yes, I have a hard time writing this time of year.

    Hi Carol; hope you are settling in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad Medeia's book is gaining much publicity. She's raising awareness on a topic (learning disability) that needs more recognition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Lily is a true hero. I love that Medeia created a character like her. Congrats to Medeia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Medeia's books! I hope you're having a good Christmas season so far, Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing, Carol, and thank you all for the wonderful comments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know how I missed this post!!
    A belated congrats to Medeia!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do read MG novels, and especially historical MGs. Fantasy not so much, but now and then I come across one I really like. Media's book sounds like an intriguing and original story line.

    Hope you are settling into your new home, Carol. As for writing over the holidays, I have all good intentions to, once I finish cards, the tree, and the lights. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, friend! I've been remiss in blogging lately and am recommitting this year. I am thrilled to read back in your posts and see you have a new publisher! I was worried about you when the other closed. So, Happy New Year and glad for the good news!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE middle grade books. And I totally need to stop in and say "hi" to Medeia.

    Happy new year, lady! Here's wishing you the very best, smothered in cheese. =)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, bloggy buddies! I respond to all comments via email if you have an address linked to your profile. Sorry, I have had to turn OFF comments from Anonymous users due to Spam.