Tuesday, March 24, 2015

COVER REVEAL: The Body Institute!

Today’s the day! I get to show the world my book cover for THE BODY INSTITUTE from Entangled Teen. A hearty thanks to everyone who participated in this reveal, via signing up with YA Bound or otherwise. 

This makes my book seem so much more REAL, as does the fact that I (most likely) have just one final line edit left to go with my editor. Which is scary and exciting at the same time because, gulp, that will be the version people will read when it releases September 1, 2015.

Without further ado, here is the cover of THE BODY INSTITUTE:

 
                                         


I’m happy with how the cover hints at sci-fi and yet still looks accessible to non-sci-fi readers, because it really isn’t a hard sci-fi kind of book. It reflects what it really is. I like how the blues accent the crucial parts of the story—the BODY and the MIND. It’s a story of weight and body image, but also identity and the soul. Since this cover is primarily black and white, it may stand out nicely in bookstores and online as thumbnails. Cool!

Here’s the new summary Entangled Teen wrote up for my official copy:

The Body Institute
Meet Morgan Dey, one of the top teen Reducers at The Body Institute.

Thanks to cutting-edge technology, Morgan can temporarily take over another girl’s body, get her in shape, and then return to her own body—leaving her client slimmer, more toned, and feeling great. Only there are a few catches…

For one, Morgan won’t remember what happens in her “Loaner” body. Once she’s done, she won’t recall walks with her new friend Matt, conversations with the super-cute Reducer she’s been text-flirting with, or the uneasy feeling she has that the director of The Body Institute is hiding something. Still, it’s all worth it in the name of science. Until the glitches start…

Suddenly, residual memories from her Loaner are cropping up in Morgan’s mind. She’s feeling less like herself and more like someone else. And when protests from an anti–Body Institute organization threaten her safety, she’ll have to decide if being a Reducer is worth the cost of her body and soul…

Are we our minds…or our bodies? 

YOUR TURN
What do you think of the cover, especially with it being mostly black and white?
Do you want to be a part of my launch day release on September 1? If so, I’ll be announcing the link probably in August, on this blog. YA Bound handles Entangled Teen’s cover reveals and blog tours, which makes promo way easier for me!



8 comments:

  1. This is a great cover. And it grabs my attention with the combination of black and white and a hint of color with the blue. The theme sounds really interesting. I would love to be part of your launch, but we are going to be traveling that day and we won't have access to the Internet. Good luck with it. Maybe I can be part of the launch for your next book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cover!!!! (but you know already that I like it) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love it! I love the colors. I love the tag line. I love everything about it! Congratulations Carol!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carol! I caught you at Lynda's and must say this is an amazing cover! The story sounds amazing too! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's wonderful, Carol. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!! Congratulations, Carol! I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many congratulations from across the Pond, Carol. I just read about your new novel on Emily King's blog. I love the cover and I can't wait to get my hands on that book - the blurb has hooked me and I normally don't read this genre. Roll on September!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, bloggy buddies! I respond to all comments via email if you have an address linked to your profile. Sorry, I have had to turn OFF comments from Anonymous users due to Spam.